One of the recipes she has introduced us to is the Choc Weetbix slice. I'm not sure where the recipe comes from. It's on a printed bit of paper stuck into the exercise book where we keep recipes we like. It's faded and got spots of food all over it. A sure sign of a good recipe.
The other great thing about this recipe is that it is made entirely with pantry ingredients and foods we normally have on hand. At the end of the month, when cream, and other items are getting low, we usually still have the ingredients for this one.
Choc Mint Weetbix Slice
9 Weet-bix (crushed)
1 1/2 c dessicated coconut
100g choc chips (optional)
few drops peppermint essence
1 x 400g tin condensed milk
100g chocolate (for topping)
1. Place Weet-bix, coconut, cocoa, and choc chips into a bowl.
2. Melt the butter.
3. Pour the condensed milk, butter, and peppermint essence into the bowl.
4. Work quickly to ensure that all the ingredients combine.
5. Press the mixture into a lined lamington (brownie) tin.
6. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
7. Melt the remaining chocolate and spread over the top of the slice.
8. Allow the chocolate to set.
9. Cut into squares.
10. Store in the refrigerator
Do your kids love to cook? What are their favourite things to make? I'm always looking for ideas to expand my girls repetoire.