These honey ginger snaps are beautiful and crunchy on the outside, and soft on the inside. If you like them really crunchy, leave them in the oven a little longer - we like them chewy so I get them out a minute early.
Honey Ginger Snaps
Ingredients - makes about 60250g butter
1 cup firmly packed soft brown sugar
1/2 c golden syrup
1/2 c honey
3t ground ginger
1t ground cinnamon
1t bicarbonate of soda
1T boiling water
4c plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 180*c
2. Melt butter, brown sugar, golden syrup, and honey, until just about to boil.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in ginger and cinnamon.
5. In a small jug mix together bicarb soda and water.
6. Pour the bicarb mix into the butter mix.
7. Stir in the flour to form a sticky dough
8. Place teaspoon sized balls of dough onto lined baking trays, allowing about 3cm for spreading.
9. Bake for 10 -12 minutes (the crunchier you want the biscuit, the longer you leave it in the oven.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tray